Food Services

Winter Break Free Lunches!

Central School District 13J will be offering a Free Hot lunch to all Children 1-18 years old during Winter Break at:
150 S 4th St, Independence, OR 97351
Lunch will be served Mondays. Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from Dec 20- Jan 4th
12:00pm to 12:30pm

(Closed Christmas Day 12/25/18 and New Year's Day 1/1/2019)

Acompáñennos para un Almuerzo Caliente Gratis para todos los menores de 1 a 18 años de edad durante las Vacaciones de Invierno en la cafetería de la Escuela Primaria Independence.

150 S 4th St, Independence, OR 97351

Se serivirá el almuerzo los lunes, miércoles, jueves y viernes desde el 20 de diciembre hasta el 4 de enero de 12:00PM a 12:30PM.

(cerrado el Día de Navidad, 25 de diciembre 2018 y el Día de Año Nuevo, 1 de enero 2019)




All meals, as part of the regular or extended school day, are planned to meet the minimum state and federal standards. Meal prices can be found below. Families in need of assistance may apply for free or reduced-price meals.

Applications for free or reduced-price meals can be obtained at the school or filled out online, throughout the year. Only one application is needed per family. If you receive Food Stamps or TANF, children covered under your Food Stamp/TANF application are eligible for free lunch. Your DHS case number must be included on the application for approval.

 Pay Lunch Account 
Click Here!
Free Reduced Lunch Application



In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 


Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.


To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:


(1)    mail:  U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;


(2)    fax:  (202) 690-7442; or


(3)    email:


This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Contact Us
Alex Singer
Director of Food Service
(503) 606-2348

Lisa Miller
Food Service Secretary
(503) 606-2474